Not Knowing the Language
If you do not know the language and you come to live in Tokyo, then you are in deep, deep trouble. Most of the people around know bits and pieces of English. Still, that may not be enough for you to ask them for something. I somehow manage my way around so it is OK for me. Still, I have a problem. The cool thing that everyone has is a miniature shrine. Even in stores you will find a miniature shrine there. If you are going to live here, then here is one suggestion, you should know some Japanese. When you are in a hotel, all people know English so you are off easy but otherwise, NOOOOOOOO. Inspite the fact that the Japanese don't know English doesn't mean that they will be rude. They try their best to speak to you. If they can't speak to you, then they will always apologize to you. I need to board the flight that I am going to use to go to USA. My next post will be from the US.

2 Comments:
Akash-- so, are you planning to learn japanese?
i wish i was there with you, we could be confused together!
--adha.
hi akash!
one of my friends jst asked me, if i have a blog. I said yes. Then he asked me when did i go to tokyo!..i was surprised!..he told me your blog address and asked me to see it..well..just wanted to tell ya..even my name is akash raman..!its a special thing for me to share my name with anyone..(along with the surname!) coz i havent found anyone with my name till now!Hope you think the same!Drop in a msg n let me know.!U can find me at http://the-existentialist.blogspot.com
cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home