Saturday, June 04, 2005

How Smart am I Really With Poems?

When I was young, I didn't know that I could write poems that well. Now I know that I really have the poem writing thing in me. Here are some examples of my great poems that I have written.

To Meet an Author
A Poem by Akash S. Raman

If you meet an author,
You have to be brave enough
to ask for one of their books.
If you are not brave enough,
you can never ask.
So when you meet an author,
You should never ask them
To sign one thousand autographs..

In the next poem, my sister helped me with the first four lines and I wrote the last four on my own.


Trying to be a Writer
by Akash Raman
If you are trying to be an writer,
you'll have lots of time to kill.
you'll have to get inspired,
Just to pay the bills.

If you think of a story,
Just write it down.
don't be a lousy person,
So that the next morning
you'll have forgotten it already.

My sister says that since I watch to much TV, I could be writing poems and they could be like this or even better now that I 'm so much older than when I wrote these.
By the way, I forget to answer the question on my last post so I will answer it now. The correct answer is Kokyo and Tokyo. Nadia was close. She said it was Cokyo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judging from the poems available, i would say you are *really* smart with poems.

please stop watching those awful cartoons and write more! these are nearly a year old...

love,
adha

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Akash!! Post more of your old poems.

Love,
Amma

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Akash! Can you publish those poems you wrote way back when you were in Grade 1

love
- appa

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home