Tokyo
I am starting to get used to the hills in Tokyo. Suddenly, I can carry more than my mom can and still come up the hill. I can ride my bike up the hill in the park close to our house. That hill is really steep and long. I like to come down it the most. You can go so fast that at the end, it takes a long time to brake and stop.
I went to the electronic city called Akihabara. It was so fun because we were there for ten hours. All that time, we were looking for home appliances. We don't even have a microwave at home yet. That will be coming on Thursday. We looked at dome things like Ipods, digital cameras, laptops, tvs, vaccum cleaners, irons, microwaves, toaster ovens, vcr and dvd players. It was all fun but I wanted to look at stuff that my parents did not want to look at. I wanted to look at music systems and they would want to look at irons. I loved it there.
I was looking at yhe computer waiting for a page to load when an 4.0 rated earthquake hit. That's main area was Miyagi prefecture where it was rated a 6.8 It was really powerful. I was more afraid about my father because he said that it lasted for a minute there. He works on the twentieth floor so I got super scared. The way I wnew was because everything was shaking violently. The clock that is on this desk has a spring on it and that stared to move. Right now it is slightly sahking because there is a small earthquale going on. There was a video that I watched, it was taken in the Miyagi Prefecture and it was so violently shaking. A roof of an indoor pool fell in because of the earthquake. If you may not know, Japan is set on to 4 plates so it is the most earthquake prone area in the world.

2 Comments:
Hi Akash,
I'm enjoying reading your blog about Japan a great deal, and I was thinking I might even enjoy it more if I knew more about two facets you've mentioned.
First, what are these prefectures you're talking about? Are they big, as in bigger than towns, or are they more like my backyard?
And two, what's this Akihabara electronic city like? Is it like cities I know, with roads, buildings, and a police force? Is it outside? Or is it inside, and more like a Circuit City (sort of in the way Pizza Huts are only rarely real huts)?
Thanks,
Phil
Well Phil. Prefectures are about the size of Tokyo. Even Tokyo is a Prefecture. Akihabara is worse than Shanti path On a crazy day.
Post a Comment
<< Home