Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mt.Takao Hike and Kamakura

15 days ago, my cub scouts pack went on a hike on a mountain called Mt. Takao. We took the chair lift up to the half way point. We gathered there and then climbed up to the very top. It was a very tall mountain and it was tough going. The worst part was that on the way down, which was even harder, we took the wrong way and we continued on until we reached the bottom of the mountain. Then, we took a bus to the nearest train station and took the train back home. Everyone including me were dead tired. Then one week later, we went to a place called Kamakura. It is one of the most religious places that I know of in Japan. We walked and walked and prayed and walked and walked and prayed and walked and walked and took the train home. Ok, ok. We visited two temples as far as I can remember. I got a good luck charm for my cellphone. Still after that hard hike, we walked at least 5 kilometers to get to the train station. I had a crazy two weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

akash,
what kind of temples are these that you're visiting? i hope you remember the way, i need a cell phone charm.
love,
adha.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Akash Raman said...

We visited Buddhist temples. Love Akash

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home