Numazu
The Numazu exchange between Katoh Gakuen and ASIJ was so fun. Katoh Gakuen is almost 31/2 hours away. They came all that way to spend four hours together. They were spent like this. All the kids from ASIJ was partnered up with someone from Katoh Gakuen. We did many activities like origami, sports activities, calligraphy, and keychains. ASIJ hosted the sports activities with the parachutes, four corners, and weatherman. We also hosted the making of the keychains. Katoh Gakuen did the calligraphy and the origami. The calligraphy was the writing of our names in Katakana. We made origami cranes.
With the parachute, we played games such as Igloo, Climbing Mt. Fuji, and Ostrich... We spent five minutes playing each game. In Igloo, we lift the parachute as high as possible and bring it down with lots of force and you go inside it and sit on you part of the parachute. It looks like an igloo then. In Climbing Mt. Fuji, you do the same as Igloo only you stay outside and put your knees on the edge of the parachute and our P.E. teacher would call out a color and if you were that color, you would scramble to the center of the parachute. In Ostrich..., you do the same as Igloo but you lay on your stomach and only put your neck inside the parachute. On the inside, it looks like we are a bunch of ostriches.
Before we made the keychains, we made the origami boxes to hold the beads. Our buddies had to do the same one as the we did. I chose the ladybug. I was the only ladybug in the classroom. My buddy and I made the keychain with team effort. I showed him one and he did almost the rest on his own! He was very good with crafts.
In the calligraphy, our buddy would show us how to write our name in Katakana once and then I had to copy it until I got it right. Had to try at least twenty times before I got my name in Katakana perfect for the first time. It was very hard. But I spoke too soon.
The making of the origami cranes was an impossible catastrophe for my crane. My buddy undid my crane and went up to the point where I messed up andhe showed how to do it from there on. It was still very hard to make it. I think my buddy wanted to move on to the next origami piece. I was really strugling but i do not think he was wrong to think of it that way because the second origami piece was a piece of cake!
That was the best school day ever! My buddy left early but I was really sad I had to goodbye. At least I got his email address!!
I hope Ican do my next post in under two weeks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home