Thursday, June 09, 2005

Phew, What A Day

Since I started to see that I could write poems, I started to write new, two page long ones. My mom was cleaning out my cupboard and she found a poem she really liked that she saved that I wrote in third grade. So she showed it to me and I said well it is great but why did you show it to me? She said that she was suggesting that I could write in my blog. Here is the poem called


"If I Were In Charge Of The World" By Akash Raman:
If I were in charge of the world,
I'd cancel all wars and have peace,
Cancel all poor street people,
Cancel dad's working late,
And also cancel scary cats.

If I were in charge of the world,
There would be normal cars that had V12 engines,
Drivers in India that were more conscious about people,
And all people would live forever.


If I were in charge of the world,
You wouldn't have anything that you didn't want,
You wouldn't have bullies,
You wouldn't have stuff that hurt and bit,
Or anything that leaked,
You wouldn't even have any problems.

If I were in charge of the world,
I wish there were no scary stuff,
I wish that there was a person that never ran out of friends,
And someone who didn't fight,
And someone read in no light,
Would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.

Well, there you have it. One of my best pieces of writing. At least that's whatI think. It's amazing that as you grow older, you start to forget what you have in you. It's an odd sensation but for me it is true.
Well, would you take a look at that! My dad is coming tonight after being in Tokyo for 3 weeks. I am so happy. I just can't wait until he comes home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Akash,

this is also a good one. i especially like the last stanza, the change in it from the rest of the poem is really interesting.

perhaps our family motto should now be:
"LESS TV, MORE POEMS."

---adha

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super stuff. Keep it rolling

love
- appa

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Due to a long discussion which resulted in the decision that there will not be a TV in the home in Tokyo, Akash suggests

"AS LONG AS WE DON'T HAVE A TV IN TOKYO, THERE WON'T BE LESS POEMS."

---adha.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home