Thursday, February 23, 2006

Chipped Tooth

More than two weeks ago, I chipped my tooth. I chipped it by helping the class right next to our room take up their lunch bin. A girl from that class was kicking the lunch pail and a boy from their class was lifting it high so that the girl could not kick it. He lifted it sooo high and the lunch pail hit my tooth really hard. The reason that my mouth was open was because I was inhaling air through it. For about fifteen seconds, I couldn't move. I had seen something fall on to the ground. When I got my senses back, I brought the pail ( which was still in the air) down. I saw that the plastic was not damaged and suddenly, my hand went up to my mouth and where the pail had hit my mouth, it was very sharp. I stooped down and found the part of the tooth that had come off. There was a big crowd around me to see what was going to happen. I elbowed someone because he did not move when I was trying to get to the nurse's office. When I did get to thew nurse's office, they immediatly put some water in a cup and they told me to hold the water in my mouth. If it stung, then they siad that it would be a big, big, big, big problem. Luckily for me, it did not sting so it was still a problem but it would not be as big. They called my mom and told her what had happened. I still was shocked. I was so shocked that when I held up the mirror on my own, it shook like crazy. The phone cord also shook a lot when I talked to my mom to tell her about what had happened in my own words. The nurse siad that the onky solution was to go to the dentist and they would tell you what they could do. When my mother and I went to the dentist's office, they said that they would have to put a plastic cap over that area. They also said that they might have to do a root canal when I am eighteen or so. I hate the sounds of doing a root canal. The tooth hurts sometimes but not much. Only when the dentist said the things that I could not do, I realized that this would effect me that rest of my life. I cannot rip pizza anymore, I cannot rip bread, and I cannot rip french bread either. Post soon!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the chipped tooth prevent you from writing in paragraphs?

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home