Ah! I am Not Here Anymore!
Since there is so much packing going on in our house, we decided that we would take a trip to the south of India and see the whole entire family. Well, at least most of it. I am writing this post from Trichur and my next one will be from Trivandrum! Those are the birth places of my parents. I think that by now in our house in Delhi would be almost completely empty. You know how I said that buying camping gear and elactronics in Tokyo is expensive? Well, the day before before we left from Delhi, we went to a shoe store and we bought lots of pairs of shoes and then I spotted a Large camping bag that I could use if my family and I go on a hike somewhere. It has so much space, it could probably could carry all of our sleeping bags and our tooth brushes and paste. I bet we would need another bag for all of our cooking utensils. Now isn't that a cool bag! Yesterday, My family and I and my gereat uncle went to two temples and we went to houses of my parents friends. From the Cochin Airport, it takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to each my mother's home that she lived in. We saw a house that my mother's dad built but my mother never lived in it and now it is for rent and somebody else is staying in it right now. I feel that in Kerala, the place tar I am in right now is like a foreign land to me but not to my parents. Reason 1: I never lived here in this house ever before and Reason 2: I don't understand what people are saying around here even though half the time, I can understand partially what they are saying.

1 Comments:
hey akashulu,
try pickin up some malayalam before u leave kerala. i know u picked up some hindi and lots of tamil.. so it shouldnt be too tough for you. i cant wait to hear u rattle away in japanese though! would be fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home